How to get rid of dark circles under eyes
Dark circles are a very common problem these days. Dark circles make the area under your eyes look darker in comparison to the surrounding skin. These can also develop with the age. A major cause of dark circles is the change in lifestyle, working for longer hours, not having proper sleep, increase in levels of stress. The reason behind dark circles is not only staying up all night. If you want to know how to get rid of dark circles, it is very important that you know what exactly is the cause of dark circles.
Small blood vessels or capillaries form the sensitive skin around the eyes. This the place where the dark circles under the eyes begin. Sometimes red blood cells in the body wander in the skin around the eyes as the size of the capillaries is too small to allow them to get through. This happens naturally and the body solves this. Enzymes are released in the body, these enzymes break the RBCs or the red blood cells. It also breaks down hemoglobin. The remaining components are of blue-black color. Therefore, leakage in the capillaries is a major cause of dark circles.
There are many ways that can help you in keeping dark circles away or reduce the visibility of dark circles. These include:
- With the help of makeup, you can reduce the visibility of dark circles. However, it is not a permanent cure dark circles.
- If the problem is serious, they can be reduced with the help of dermabrasion, dermal fillers, laser surgery and face lifts can help in improving the condition considerably.
- Try making home packs like youghurt and cucumber, Apply on face regularly.
- Performing proper exercise of the facial muscles can help in improving the blood circulation and thus, can help in reducing dark circles.
- Increase the intake of fluids in the body. This will help in keeping you hydrated.
- Eating healthy is also important. Your body requires minerals and vitamins and other nutrients to function properly. If there is reduction of any of these, it will affect the processes going on in the body. Hence, it will affect the body in different ways and can also result in dark circles.
- The deficiency of iron is another cause. Taking supplements of iron can help in reducing dark circles under eyes.
- Avoid the consumption of caffeinated products especially during night or few hours before sleeping.
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol and quit smoking.
- Keeping the skin under eyes moisturized is also important. For this, it is important to use products that contain vitamin K and vitamin E. these contain avocado oil, almond oil and sesame.