What Are Some Odor-Removing Uses for Baking Soda
Baking soda in scientific terms is known as Sodium Bicarbonate. This compound is used normally for cooking for the release of Carbon Dioxide from foods. Apart from just cooking, baking soda has a whole bunch of other uses. In general, some of the major uses of baking soda are in the removal of odor. This article would be discussing regarding the various odor removing uses of baking soda.
Baking soda has a unique feature of neutralizing the ph when it comes in contact with any acidic or an alkaline substance. This is why baking soda is normally used to remove odor. Some of the odor removing uses of baking soda is given below: –
- Odor in the mouth – This odor is common among everyone due to the germ formation in the mouth. Using baking soda, this smell can be easily taken away.
- Odor in closets – The odor in closets can be reduced by using baking soda. The procedure is very simple. The box with baking powder is to be opened in the closet to take away the odor.
- Body odor – Sweating is a phenomenon which happens among all human beings. This is because of the sweat glands present all over our body. This sweating is more in the arm pits. Hence, to cover this, harsh deodorants are used. This leads to the damage in skin. Instead a pinch of baking soda can be added under the arms. This plays positive in neutralizing the body odor.
- Deodorizing the kitchen appliances – Baking soda is an economical and a effective way of removing the odor in the kitchen appliances. For example, the refrigerator, kitchen utensils lunch boxes, dishwashers can be detached from the bad odor using baking soda.
- Removing the bad odor form drains and garbage’s – Baking soda is a effective solution to clear the odor form drains. It involves just a spoon of baking powder with running tap water in the drain to remove bad odor form drains and garbage’s.
- Odor removal from pet animals – The baking powder here needs to be sprinkled with water on the pet animals. After waiting for around 20 minutes, the water can be vacuumed to avoid bad odor.
- Deodorizing shoes – Baking soda can be used easily to avoid the spreading of odor by shaking baking powder in the shoe.
These are the few odor removal benefits of baking soda. Just try these techniques before calling any professionals.