What Are the Symptoms of Strep Throat
Many people term strep throat in different name like tonsils, sore throat etc, but the symptoms of these all vary a lot from each other. A majority of people are ignorant of the fact that they are different from each other and take them as a trivial issue, but it needs mentioning in this regard that no health disorder can be trivial and understanding the differences between all these is important to decide when and how to get concerned and when one should consult a physician to take advise. Though strep throat affects people of different age group, but it is observed mostly in children, especially in them who are going to schools
Though the symptoms of strep throat vary in different people but a few common symptoms are noticed in majority of strep throat patients. They are
- Skin rash
- Repeated vomiting
- Lymph nodes ( swollen)
- Stomach upset
- High fever
- Pain in the abdominal portion
- Myalgia or muscle pain
- Frequent headache
The first symptoms are noticed probably with in 2 days if a person comes in contact with other infected one. The infection generally spreads due to direct contact with the person who is carrying the bacteria. Strep throat generally spreads from crowded places and that is why teenagers and school going children becomes the victim of this disease frequently.
Strep throat symptoms that are noticed in children are quite different from that of the younger ones, though there are a few similarities as well.
- If a child , who is 5 to 6 years of old, comes in contact with other person it will surely experience congestion or runny nose
- He or she is supposed be disturbed with redness of wyes and eye-itching problem as well.
- Cough and cold are common symptom of strep throat but these arte noticed in children mostly, and a few of them may feel hoarseness as well.
- The kid will have fever also, but high fever may not be the symptom of strep throat only.
Strep throat symptoms noticed in adult are as follows:
- If an adult become the victim of strep throat he or she will experience breathing difficulty
- Drooling is another symptom of adult strep throat. Due to swollen throat one can’t swallow properly and drools
- His or her neck will stiffen and it will be difficult for the person to open mouth.
Strep throat is not a critical disease and it stays for five to six days hardly. Taking high-power antibiotics is not at all good to treat strep throat. Instead of that, a few home remedies like oral rinses, warm beverages like chicken soup, lemon tea etc work much better for both adults and children as well.
So, don’t get confused and check out symptoms properly whether they are of strep throat or not. During these five or six days remain little cautions and follow home remedies and you will soon get rid of this irritation.