What Does a Psychologist Do
The psychologists are the interpreter of human mind and behavior. They work in the areas of physical, cognitive, emotional, and social conditions of the human behavior. The work procedure followed by psychologist is similar to that of socialist. The psychologist, at first makes a hypothesis and tests the validity of facts. For instance, they try to understand the people behavior through their personality, performance, aptitude, and intelligence tests. A psychologist can suspect the symptoms and behavior through observations, interviews, questionnaires’, aptitude, clinical studies, surveys, and intelligence tests.
The job of psychologist comes under a huge umbrella. Today cater their services in the field of mental health care programs, such as hospitals, clinics, schools, trauma, management, education, law, sports. There are various psychologists who are specialist, like clinical psychologist, health psychologist, neuropsychologist, geropsychologist, counseling psychologist, school psychologist, industrial- organizational psychologist, development psychologist, social psychologist, experimental, or research psychologist.
Illustrations of various job of psychologist
- Clinical psychologist: clinical psychologist, are those psychologist, who treat patients at the health care centers, who are suffering from illness and injuries. They help people in gathering the physical rehabilitation, settings, treating patients who are in bad shape due to pain. They cure people with spinal injuries, cardiac arrest, arthritis, neurological upheavals. People suffering from the personal crisis like rape victims, spousal abuse are well handled by the psychologist.
- Health psychologist: health psychologist enhances good health through several hypnotic and therapeutic treatments. With the help of various counseling programs, the psychologist achieve several goals of drug addiction, smoking, and other related abnormalities.
- Neuropsychologist: Neuropsychologist studies the brain and human behavior. At the time of stroke and various head injuries.
- Geropsychologist: this is a special case where the psychologist treats elderly patients. Here the psychologist takes care of patients suffering from rapes and physical abuses.
- Counseling psychologist: These psychologists deals with students and professionals, and prepare them for the forthcoming interview. They also deal with everyday crisis.
- School psychologist: the school psychologist caters services, to treat the schoolchildren in their learning behavior. They work as a team work with teachers, parents and administrations to improve skills, counter abuse, effective academic programs, and better learning strategies.
- Psychologist deals with industrial-organizational: the industrial psychologist tries to bring in the healthy work life, and gives the tips to improve the productivity and profits related to industrial growth. This psychologist actively involves in the applicant screening, training and development, counseling, and organizational development and analysis.
- Development psychologist: the development psychologist cures the physiological, cognitive, and social development that keeps on throughout life. Some of the patient develops few specific behaviors during the childhood, infancy, adolescence, or abnormalities during the maturity or old age.
- Social psychologist: here the psychologist tries to determine the reasons of ailment through the outside social environment. Today they work actively in the field of marketing research, system designs, and other psychological parameters, for instance behavior, leadership, attitudes, and perception.
- Research psychologist: research psychologist studies the cognitive aspect of people. These cognitive aspects include motivation, thinking, attention, learning, and other various procedures. The psychologist works even in private sectors it may be business, nonprofit, and governmental organizations.