What is Degenerative Disc Disease
Degenerative disc disease is not at all a serious issue to worry; it is simply the changes in the spine disc due to ageing. In simple words Degenerative disc disease is plodding deterioration of the disc. In medical terms it is said to be as spondylosis. This is due to the unceasing wear and tear in the spine discs and also cause of ageing. It can be found out by undergoing an X-ray test of the spinal cord. For best results take a MRI scan.
Spinal discs smash downs which lead to degenerative disc disease among many people in this world. Some of the common causes of this type of disease are: irrelevant tears in the annulus of the disc and loss of liquid in the disc. This type of disease occurs for the people who have the regular habit of smoking, obese people due to improper diet maintenance and people who work with heavy loads.
Degenerative disc disease causes back bone or neck pain. Many people having this problem will have severe pain in the affected disc, where their actions will be restricted. The pain will be at a high degree if the affected person frequently does meandering and parody movements. If you met with a car accident then there rise chances for dislocation of discs.
Degenerative disc disease can be diagnosed under physical examination. If you have the above symptoms, approach the right medical expert to diagnose the problem instead of taking pain killers from the medical shops. During diagnosis doctor will ask about the medical history, you daily health habits and symptoms you feel. And after finding that you suffer from disc disease then they following things will be done.
- The exaggerated area assortment of activities will be checked
- Tenderness area are found out
- Other conditions like fractures, tumors and disc infections will be checked
- Changes which are related to nerves have been checked
Some of the treatments for Degenerative disc disease are:
- For temporary relief from pain keep ice on the affected area
- Doctors recommend “non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs” where it is not prescribed for people below 20 years old.
- Epidural steroid injections under the recommendation of doctors
- Chiropractic treatment
- Basic stretching exercise
- Applying heat to the affected area to tighten the muscles
- Rather than taking some prescribed treatments you also should have the habit of walking regularly in your life time.
So have awareness about Degenerative disc disease in prior and take necessary measures to get relieved from this disease. Have a healthy life with the above guidelines!