What Is DHEA
DHEA is the abbreviation for a steroid hormone called Dehydroepiandrosterone. This steroid hormone is the most abundantly found hormone in the human body. These steroid hormones are produced by the adrenal glands which are located above the kidneys. These glands produce up to 150 hormones, and among the produced hormones DHEA hormone is the most abundant. This hormone is produced in quantities of 10-15gms on an average in males. The quantity of this hormone is reduced by 10-20% among the females. When, the hormone is released in the blood stream, it converts to testosterone in males and estrogen among the females. The DHEA hormone was found back in 1994 but it was only after the year 1995 that this hormone was sold in medical shops without any prescription in the form of 5mg and 25mg capsules.
There are several benefits of using the DHEA among the males and females. The benefits of DHEA among males are mentioned below: –
- The immune system of the human body is enhanced with the use of DHEA in right proportions.
- A common problem faced by people as they age is that they get affected by diseases. Some of the diseases that are caused due to aging are cancer, artery disease and osteoporosis. By taking the DHEA hormones on a regular basis, one can escape from these diseases while aging.
- The stress levels of a person reduce with the intake of DHEA.
- One of the most important benefits provided by the DHEA hormone is that it prolongs the life expectancy.
- The DHEA hormone stimulates the release of testosterone among men and estrogens among women.
- The DHEA hormone can control the affect of diseases such as memory loss, AIDS and lupus.
This hormone also helps in the treatment of herpes, depression and learning problems. These are some of the benefits provided to males, where as DHEA equally good results and benefits among the females. Some of the benefits offered by the DHEA hormone to females are mentioned below: –
- The DHEA hormone enhances the estrogen hormone. This in turn helps in menopause among females.
- The DHEA hormone has many other applications towards menopause. For example, when DHEA is combined with estrogen leads to the formation of Astenile.
This is used to cure the menopause discomfort. DHEA is also used to treat menopause depression. Hence, DHEA is a very useful hormone that is produced naturally in the body and is taken externally for several other purposes. Anything taken in limit is safe but if it exceeds the limit, it could cause harmful effects to the body.