What is Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is basically a mental disorder. A person affected with Schizophrenia has a breakage in the thought processes and less responsiveness to the emotions. The manifestation of this disease occurs with the hallucinations in speech, paranoid and a disorganized thinking. This could lead to a inappropriate behavior is the social meetings and in the occupation. This disease is normally found among the adults. According to the survey, those diseased by Schizophrenia amount to 1% of the human population. Another name associated with Schizophrenia is the split personality disorder.
In split personality, the person changes his behavior instantly without his knowledge due to the imbalance in his thinking. This problem occurs more in men than women. Various aspects like neurobiology, genetic parameters, psychological problems and also the environment play a vital role in aggravating Schizophrenia.
This disease is on spotlight by the researchers to find suitable and specific treatment for disease. Though the signs as well as the symptom of the disease are known, the exact cause for the disease is not known. There are many opinions regarding the same by researchers but no particular reason which is standardized.
There are different types of Schizophrenia:-
- Paranoid Schizophrenia – This is a type of Schizophrenia, in which the victim would have auditory hallucinations and other delusions.
- Disorganized Schizophrenia – This is a type of Schizophrenia where the victim would face problems of disorganized speech and thinking disorders.
- Catatonic Schizophrenia – In this type of Schizophrenia, the victim faces difficulty in the movement. Here anomalous movements are done by the victim in the catatonic Schizophrenia.
- Residual Schizophrenia – In this type of Schizophrenia, the victim would firstly lose his interest in performing the daily activities and also finds it very difficult for auditory functions.
- Undifferentiated Schizophrenia – In this type of Schizophrenia, there could be delusions, speech and behavior disorder and also has the symptoms of the catatonic Schizophrenia. This condition has multiple symptoms attached to it.
These are the different types of Schizophrenia that is recognized by the researchers. Each of them has minute differences. One should recognize the type of Schizophrenia and then should try to provide the cure. Medical field has many treatments for Schizophrenia under its sleeve. Medication is the most crucial for the treatment of Schizophrenia. This disease being a psychological disorder, the medication given to cure this disease is psychotic drugs. Some of these psychotic drugs are also recommended to be mixed with other medicine. Apart from the medication, efforts are made to improve the environment where the person resides. A change in environment also might cure the mental disorder.