What Is Vaginal Discharge
Vaginal discharge is normal for girls. It happens to all the girls during their puberty. Almost all the women complain about vaginal discharge. It is a fluid that comes out of the vagina and is produced by the glands in the lining of the vagina and the cervix. After around 6 months of a girl’s periods, her body starts producing vaginal discharge. It can be thick or thin and it can be of white or off-white in color. It keeps the vagina healthy and clean but only if it is normal. If it is due to some problems, then you must see a doctor. A girl’s vagina discharges more fluid when she is ovulating. There are different types of discharge and depending on the type, we can decide whether it is normal or not.
- White: if the discharge is thick and white in color, then in most of the cases it is normal and does not indicate any problem. if you feel itchy or burning sensation, then you must see a good doctor.
- Clear and stretchy: this type of discharge is produced when you are ovulating and is normal. There is nothing to worry about.
- Yellow or green: if you are having discharge which is yellow or green in color and has foul or very strong odor, then it can be the indication if yeast infection. It can be accompanied by itching and burning feeling. See a doctor as soon as possible.
- Brown: if the vaginal discharge is brown in color, then it means it is just cleaning out your vagina. You need not to worry about it.
- Spotting blood: if you are having this type of test, then it might be an indication of pregnancy and you should go for a pregnancy test.
If you are having abnormal discharge, then it is very important to see a doctor. She will ask you some question related to vaginal discharge and she might perform a vaginal exam too. She will also collect a sample of vaginal discharge to test whether it is normal or you have some kind of infection. She will prescribe you medication according to the results. During vaginal discharge, you might feel little discomfort around that area and you might get rashes on that area. You need not take extra care of that body part. You just need to keep it clean. Water and soap can do your work. You should wear cotton panties and you should also avoid wearing tight jeans etc which would stop your skin to breathe. You do not need to worry about vaginal discharge. In most of the cases, it is normal.